MICUA colleges and universities enroll 64,000 students annually with similar demographics as students who attend Maryland’s public universities. Here are the facts:
- Fourty-two percent of students attending MICUA institutions are Maryland residents;
- About one in four undergraduate students are Pell Grant recipients;
- Thirty-seven percent of undergraduates are students-of-color;
- Sevenpercent of new undergraduates transferred to a MICUA institution from a Maryland community college; and
- Nine percent of students are 40 years of age or older.
MICUA institutions provide 1,500 approved academic programs at more than 180 locations statewide—including main campuses, off-site campuses, and satellite locations—and maintain over 160 articulation agreements with Maryland’s community colleges.