Job Opening at MICUA - Research and Data Visualization Specialist
The Maryland Independent College and University Association (MICUA) is a voluntary association that provides public policy leadership in support of independent higher education for its 15 member institutions. MICUA offers competitive salaries, excellent health benefits, and retirement matching. Hybrid work schedules are available for the right candidate.
The Research and Data Visualization Specialist provides research, analysis, and projections of trends in higher education. A qualified candidate will be intellectually curious and interested in learning new skillsets. The specialist will create interactive dashboards, display research and analysis in compelling ways and make recommendations for changes to higher education policy in Maryland.
- Collect, interpret, synthesize, and visualize data and information from primary higher education resources.
- Coordinate with the Director of Communications to produce compelling and visually impactful displays of data.
- Conduct surveys, compile, analyze, and display responses from MICUA member institutions and make recommendations for change based on the analysis.
- Convene and coordinate periodic meetings of the MICUA financial aid officers and institutional researchers.
- Evaluate studies, reports, regulations, State and federal legislation, and other issues impacting higher education and report findings to the MICUA’s Board of Trustees.
- Represent MICUA and its members at conferences, workgroups, and committees related to research and data visualization.
- Coordinate the solicitation and collection of donor information for the Independent College Fund of Maryland
- Identify relevant issues and trends in higher education that are likely to affect MICUA’s member institutions; and
- Handle other duties as needed to support the MICUA team and mission.
- A bachelor’s degree in a related discipline is required.
- A graduate degree in a related discipline or some work experience in data analysis and visualization is desirable but not required.
- Expertise in the use of statistical analysis and the ability to present complex information in compelling ways.
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
MICUA does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, disability, religion, age, or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law in recruitment, admission and access to, or employment with the organization.