MICUA is a member-driven organization, which exists to advance the interests of independent higher education in Maryland. Consistent with its mission, MICUA administers collaborative efforts, resource sharing, and information exchange to support campus leaders and promote access, affordability, and accountability.
- The MICUA Business Affiliate Program provides a mutually beneficial link between Maryland’s business community and the State’s private colleges and universities.
- The Post-9/11 GI Bill provides substantial veterans' benefits, including college tution and fees. In addition, MICUA colleges and universities participate in the Yellow Ribbon Program, which provides supplemental assistance with college expenses.
- The MICUA Board of Trustees has adopted an action plan to build on existing efforts by Maryland’s independent colleges and universities to increase minority and local business participation in capital construction contracts.
- In 2009, MICUA launched the Maryland Student Loan Marketplace to help students and their families navigate college financing. This free online resource teaches smart borrowing practices.
- In 2010, the Maryland Governor’s Grants Office launched a new website to include current postings of available State grants.
- Harnessing the collective purchasing potential of 15 colleges and universities, consortia programs offer MICUA members the economies normally available to much larger institutions.